AVI50322 | Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter)
In partnership with TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275)
Become a helicopter pilot today! Take off into an aviation career with the AVI50322 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter).
- 26 weeks full time
- 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Commercial helicopter pilot
The course is comprised of the following units of competency. The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete all core and one elective unit listed below.
|AVIY0088||Operate helicopter on solo navigation flights|
|AVIY0086||Manage abnormal situations and emergencies – Helicopter|
|AVIF0033||Manage aircraft passengers and cargo|
|AVIY0084||Conduct helicopter pre-solo exercises|
|AVIF0029||Implement threat and error management processes|
|AVIF0027||Implement aviation fatigue risk management processes|
|AVIE0006||Maintain aircraft radio communications|
|AVIO0017||Manage disruptive behaviour and unlawful interference with aviation|
|AVIY0036||Operate at non-towered aerodromes|
|AVIY0085||Control helicopter during advanced manoeuvres|
|AVIY0035||Operate in Class G airspace|
|AVIY0089||Operate helicopter solo in the circuit area|
|AVIY0034||Operate in controlled airspace|
|AVIY0037||Operate at a controlled aerodrome|
|AVILIC0004||Licence to operate a commercial helicopter|
|AVIY0087||Operate a helicopter at low-level|
Airwork Aviation is located in Caboolture, just 50km north from Brisbane, and is easily accessed by a 40–50-minute drive or 1 hour train trip from the city centre. It is an ideal location to experience a number of different terrains including coastline, open water, cityscapes and mountains. Caboolture Airfield is located outside of controlled airspace, so there are fewer disruptions and delays to your initial training. As you gain more flying experience, we are close enough to Brisbane’s busy and controlled airspace that you can be exposed to real-world flying situations.
To enrol in the AVI50322 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter) you must have met the following eligibility criteria:
- Participants must be a minimum of 18 years of age prior to the completion of this qualification.
- Completed year 12 with passing grades in Math & English; or, successful completion at the required level (exit Level 3 working at Level 4) of the Basic Key Skills Builder (BKSB) assessment through TAFE Queensland.
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) prior to enrolment.
- Hold or be eligible to hold an Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate.
- Have an Aviation Reference Number (ARN). Find out more
- Produce evidence of a current Aviation Class 1 Medical carried out by a Designated Aviation Medical Examiner (DAME). Find out more
- Hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) which will require a comprehensive background and criminal history check as part of the application process. Find out more
Partnership with TAFE Queensland
Airwork Aviation is Australia’s largest and most experienced helicopter flight training provider. TAFE Queensland and Airwork Aviation have a Third-Party Agreement for the delivery of the accredited qualification, AVI50322 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter).
Under this arrangement TAFE Queensland is the Registered Training Organisation (RTO 0275) and is responsible for issuing the AQF certification documentation for the qualification. Airwork Aviation conducts training and assessment services on behalf of TAFE Queensland.
Course price $83,949.00
How to apply
Start your career in aviation today!
To read more about the AVI50322 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter) visit TAFE Queensland.
For enrolment, questions or payment enquiries, please visit TAFE Queensland or contact (07) 3307 4786.
VET Student Loans are available. To review your eligibility please visit here
Download our student handbook
You may also be interested in
AVI50222 | Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
Interested in becoming a helicopter pilot?